Thursday, January 25

The Great Wall

Why do men’s urinals have a small wall between them? Why doesn’t it go all the way down to the floor and it doesn’t go up above most men’s chest? I find this absurd because there are two things no man should ever do in the bathroom: 1) Checking out another man’s shoes and 2) No man should ever look another man in the eye while his junk is exposed.

I feel that we should go to a policy of full length walls between urinals. I certainly have nothing to hide but it only invites conversation between men while pissing. It’s one thing to annoy me with conversation while I am in line at the market but if I don’t know you, do not talk to me at the urinal. In fact, if I do know you, don’t talk to me at the urinal. And if someone wants to talk to their life-mate while pissing, you can talk through the wall. Men and women have been yelling through walls for years.

So please, bathroom design guy, get rid of the mini-wall. After all, you saw the faults in the hole in the ground and the horse trough, why not this one too. One last thing; bring back the full length urinal. Nothing beats being at a restaurant and your kid comes out of the bathroom yelling “Daddy, I peed on the floor”.

No comments: