Monday, November 2

I was standing outside of a restaurant waiting to be seated when I heard a man explaining his new cell phone to a woman. The way I was standing I could see her in my peripherals but couldn’t see him. He was talking about his “New” iPhone and how it was going to revolutionize his life. Obviously this man lives in a bunker and judging by the ingratiating tone the woman had I could only assume they were married. He then starting to ramble off all the cool things it could do and that now he could start writing his blog. Immediately the grasp of my own self worth loosened. You can start blogging now that you have a phone? Really! Was typing on a full sized keyboard simply too hard to do? At this point I was expecting to turn around and see a goofy looking scrawny dweeble. He continued to talk about how he could update his Facebook and many other social dimwit sites. By now I had to see what he looked like. There, sitting on a wooden bench, with his phone enveloped in hand fat was the real life version of “Comic Book Guy”. He even had a quirky comic t-shirt on that on anyone else would be a snuggie.

No comments: