Tuesday, January 9

Who Got Served?

When I think of stomping the yard, I picture putting on my favorite pair of lawn aerating shoes and going to town. However there is a new connotation of the term. From what I can see, it is a way that people can show their dominance over others through some sort of con-fangled interpretive dance that involves a large group of fraternity brothers stomping and jumping in front of other large groups of fraternity brothers. I know what you’re thinking. This guy is racist since stomping is an Afro-American thing. Far from it; if you read my articles, you would know I am an equal opportunity offender. I’m not racist unless stupidity is a new race type and I missed the memo.

Back to stomping.

There is a new movie out called “Stomp the Yard”. I haven’t seen it and, unless someone wants to send me some tickets and my hourly rate to watch this abortion, I won’t be. This is not the first movie about this phenomenon. I can’t remember the names of any of the others because they were unmemorable. Although who could forget “You got Served”. I hoped that movie, being a self-parody without trying, would be the end of this genre but I guess I was wrong. I will never forget the 2 months that people went around saying “You got served” instead of “Burn”, or “Face” or even the ‘80’s classic….”Moded”.

I have heard rumors that this stomping phenomenon is widespread. I have even heard that there are stomping studios. Now that is capitalism at it’s finest. Find a stupid fad, get in on it early, then teach the sheeple that come along later how to do it; all the while laughing at these yahoos for paying money for you to teach them how to look like asshats. There is also a large homosexual undercurrent involved in a large group of guys who live together, dancing in unison while, more men who live together watch and wait their turn. Very homosexual gangbang-esque. Regardless, I am sure this now mainstream “Sport” will be oh so uber-cool for the next couple weeks until the movie is pulled from theaters. Which should make you happy and the Stomp Teachers a little richer. Viva la Reagan Revolucion!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes, the Stomp. I actually enjoy it, just as I enjoyed the Riverdancing phenomenon. Which makes me consider Stomp as Ghetto-style Riverdance. Will Michael Flat(gay)ley try to one day take this over? Would Stompers be offended by the parallel to their Irish counterparts? Would they cease and desist? So many questions, so little time...